A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
The Things hereafter: Chapter 4
1. John saw an open door in heaven and was extended an invitation to participate in the revelation of things that must be in the hereafter. (v.1)
2. John in the spirit was shown a throne in heaven and One that occupied this throne; vv.2 11
A. The throne in heaven v.2
B. The throne occupied by “one” v.2 : Ezekiel 1:1,26
like a brilliant or radiant stone v.3; Ezekiel 1:27,28
(supernatural splendor of God)
surrounded by colorful rainbow v.3
(God’s encircling brilliance)
C. The 24 elders’ seats v.4
robed in white (purity)
crowned with gold (eternity)
D. There were lightings/thunderings/voices that came out from the throne; v.5
E. The 7 lamps burning before the throne; (a complete light of His glory); v.5
F. A sea of glass like crystal before the throne v.6; Exodus 24:10
G. The four “living ones” full of eyes before and behind around and in the midst v.6
like a lion (Divine majesty) v.7
like a calf/ox (Divine strength) v.7
face as a man (Divine intelligence and purpose) v.7
like a flying eagle (Divine swiftness to detect evil and executing judgment) v.7
All had six wings; (fully empowered for holy use) v.8
All never rest; (eternal energy supply) v.9
All sang hymn of praise to God; (all engaged in unison) vv.8,9
H. The 24 elders fall down to praise and worship God. vv.10,11
A. Continuously returning glory, honour and power for God’s thoughtfulness for allowing them participation in His creation
Let’s talk about it:
1. How can Christians today participate with John in what he saw in heaven in vv.1,2?
2. What example can the Christian Church today adopt and execute based on vv.3,4?
3. How can the Christian Church today exhibit the heavenly attributes found in vv.5,6?
4. How can the Christian Church today demonstrate the qualities of the four living ones in vv.7-9?
5. What would the picture of the twenty-four elders casting their crowns before the throne in vv.10,11 look like in the Christian Church today?