by Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 22 (Part 1)
I. New Jerusalem: The New Paradise
- A pure river v.1
- The tree of life v.2
- No more curse v.3
- His name in their foreheads v.4
- A new light v.5
- The angels affirmation v.6
- Blessings to the keepers of His words v.7
- John’s worship before the angel v.8
- John’s worship prevented by the angel v.9
- Angel’s message to John vv.10-12
Let’s talk about it:
- In v.1 what two things did John see? Why is water important to human life and the Church of Christ? (Hint: birth)
- In v.2 name 4 descriptions of what John sees along the sides of the river.
- In v.3 what three things does John use to describe what he saw? What happens when God puts a stop to the curse? What is the curse? (Hint: sin)
- In v. 4 what two things will happen to the servants that will serve God in the new paradise?
- In v.5 what five ways does John use to describe the new experience in the new paradise? How does this parallel what new believers should experience as they initially come into the Church of Christ today.
- In v.6 what are the two primary reasons that John is shown all the things by the angel? (Review Revelation 1:5)
- In v.7 what will happen to those who keep this word of the Lord? (Review Revelation 1:3)
- In v.8 what did John do when he heard and saw what the angel revealed unto him?
- In v.9 what three reasons did the angel give unto John for him not to worship him?
- In vv.10-12 name at least nine actions that are revealed in the message of the Lord through the angel. (Ask students to name at least five of their own top works in the Lord.)