by Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 21 (Part 1)
I. A New Day For A New Life – Chapter 21
A. The first heaven and the first earth past away v.1a
B. No more sea v.1b
C. The new Jerusalem is coming v.2
D. A message from a great voice v.3
E. Emotional trials disbanded v.4
F. God guarantees a new day v.5
G. A free supply of water from The First and The Last v.6
H. Everything given to the overcomers v.7
I. The reward of the unbeliever. v.8
J. An angel comforts and confers with John about the Holy City vv.9,10
Let’s talk about it:
- In v.1 what two things happen at the coming of a new earth?
- In v.2 what three things did John see about the Church?
- In v.3 what five things did the great voice say would happen at the coming of the new heaven and the new earth?
- In v. 4 describe five things how will God’s presence change the conditions in the new heaven and the new earth?
- In v.5 what two statements are made from the One sitting upon the throne?
- In v.6 what two authorities does God designate to himself? What kind of impact on human living does that have?
- In vv.7,8 how do these verses contrast with each other? Which verse is for the Christian?
- In vv.9,10 what does the angel do with John? What did the angel want John to see?