A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 10
I. John encounters another angel
A. Mighty angel with a little book described; vv. 1,2a
B. What the angel did:
1. Stood on the sea and earth; v.2b
2. Roared like a lion; vv.3,4
3. Made a vow to heaven; vv.5-7
C. God speaks to John about the little book; v.8
D. John’s obedient response; vv.9,10
E. (cp. Ezekiel’s Little Book in Ezekiel 2:8-3:3)
F. The Gospel must be spoken and go forth to all the world as the will of God; v.11
Let’s talk about it:
- After reading vv.1,2 what are the 8 things that describe the mighty angel that John saw?
- Why do you think that John was prevented from writing down the message of the 7 thunders in vv.3,4? (hint: things to be revealed)
- Talk about the loyalty of the angel in vv.5-7 taking an oath to help God’s preaching by the prophets to come true. How does what these verses reveal help us to restore confidence in the Word of God?
- In vv.8-10 John is challenged to eat the little book. This challenge was also issued to Ezekiel. What practical value does this challenge have today to the Christian Church? Remember this letter was first distributed to the 7 Christian Churches of Asia.
- Talk about how v.11 related to the Great Commission to all Christians in Matthew 28:19,20?