Report: Jameis Winston Expected to Face Second Rape-Related Accusation

Report: Jameis Winston Expected to Face Second Rape-Related Accusation

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston talks with the media during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. (AP Photo/Doug McSchooler)
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston talks with the media during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. (AP Photo/Doug McSchooler)

(SB Nation) – The biggest story in Jameis Winston’s career so far hasn’t been his on-field prowess, but the fact that he was accused of rape. That accusation has played out publicly and as a result has garnered a lot of attention, although Winston was never found guilty in any of the investigations he went through.

One overlooked part of those investigations is the mention of a second woman who was troubled by her sexual encounter with Winston. Jason Cole of Bleacher Report now says that “multiple sources” expect a second accuser to come forward, either as part of the first accuser’s civil suit, or as part of her own lawsuit.

“Jameis Winston is going to be subject to a civil lawsuit going forward,” Jason Cole said. “Currently, the alleged [first] victim has already filed a lawsuit against Florida State, is expected to include Jameis Winston either as part of that lawsuit, or as part of a separate civil lawsuit somewhere down the line.

“And finally, there’s a second woman who claims to have had an encounter with Jameis Winston in 2013. There’s some expectation out there among multiple sources that she may come forward as part of that civli suit, and either file her own civil action, or at least testify on behalf of the first alleged victim.”

READ MORE