by Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 20
I. Satan’s Doom
(Read: Isaiah 14:9-21; Isaiah 24:21-23; Isaiah 25:7-12)
A. Angel and the keys v.1
B. Six things the angel will do to Satan:
- lay hold on him v.2a
- bind him v.2b
- cast him into the abyss v.3a
- shut him up in prison v. 3a
- set a seal upon him for 1,000 years v.3b
- loose him for a short time v.3c
C. Christian judges reigning with Christ v.4
D. The first resurrection vv.5,6
E. Satan on the loose to deceive vv.7,8
F. Demons meet their doom v.9
G. The lake of fire v.10; (Matthew 13:36-43; Matthew 25:31-46; Jude 6,7)
H. The great white throne v.11 (The second resurrection)
I. The dead judged before God vv.12, 13
J. The second death v.14
K. Absentee report v.15
Let’s talk about it:
- In v.1 how many objects did the angel have in his hand? What were they?
- In vv.2,3 the angel assigned to Satan will accomplish six things to complete his assignment with Satan? Name them.
- In v.4 who are the people that will occupy thrones and rule with Christ a thousand years?
- In vv.5, 6 during the ruling of a thousand years, what is this period be known as?
- In vv.7 8 what does the Bible say will eventually happen to Satan? How many will participate in the battle?
- In v.9 what does the Bible say will happen to those that surround the camp of the saints to do battle?
- In v.10 the Bible says that three persons will make their eternal home in the ever burning lake of fire. Who are they?
- In v.11 what does the Bible say happened to the earth and heaven in the face of Him that sat on the great white throne? As a Bible student why do you think that earth and the heaven ran away from God? (hint: sin)
- In vv.12,13 name two ways how the dead will be judged.
- In v.14 what happen to death and hell? What does the Bible call what happen to them?
- In v.15 what happen to those who were absent from the book? What caused them to be absent?