by Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim:To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 11
I. John instructed to measure the Church. 11:1,2
A. The two witnesses vv.3,4
- None should hurt them v.5
- Have unusual powers v.6
- Killed by the bottomless pit beast v.7
- Bodies shall lie in the street vv.8,9
- Those on earth rejoice to see their death. v.10
- Spirit restores life to them v.11
- They were summoned up higher v.12
- The earth quaked v.13
- The second woe is over v.14
B. The Seventh Trumphet
- Great voices in heaven v.15
- 24 elders worshipped God v.16
- The 24 elders speak vv.17,18
- The Temple of God was opened v.19
Let’s talk about it:
- What do you think John is measuring the Church for in vv.1,2?
- What is the purpose of the two witnesses in vv.3,4?
- Describe the powers of the two witnesses in vv.5,6.
- What role will the beast from the bottomless pit play in vv.7-9 to assist the Revelation to advance?
- What is the response to the slain witnesses in v.10?
- After three and a half days of death what describes what happened to the two witnesses in vv.11-13?
- According to vv.14,15 what is the result of the third woe?
- What is the response of the twenty four elders to the reign of Christ in vv.16,17?
- What is the reaction of the peoples to the reigning of Christ and what does God do for the prophets and servants of God in v.18?
- What is it that caused the commotion in the temple in heaven in v.19?