Celine Dion Returns to Caesars Palace Stage in August

Celine Dion Returns to Caesars Palace Stage in August

In this March 15, 2011 file photo, Celine Dion reacts to the audience during her opening night performance at Caesar's Palace, in Las Vegas. A representative for Dion says the performer will return to the stage but offered no dates for future performances. Dion hasn’t performed since her July 29, 2014 show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson, File)
In this March 15, 2011 file photo, Celine Dion reacts to the audience during her opening night performance at Caesar’s Palace, in Las Vegas. A representative for Dion says the performer will return to the stage but offered no dates for future performances. Dion hasn’t performed since her July 29, 2014 show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson, File)

 

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Celine Dion is returning to The Colosseum stage at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas starting Aug. 27 after a year-long hiatus to care for her husband, allow her inflamed throat muscles to heal and spend time with her three children.

Caesars Entertainment Corp. announced Wednesday that the singer’s residency would resume with 40 performances between August and January.

The singer says in a statement that it was her husband Rene Angelil who urged her return to the stage since last performing at The Colosseum on July 29 and cancelling a fall Asian tour. Angelil has been recovering after having a cancerous tumor removed last year.

A representative for Dion confirmed earlier this month that she would eventually return but without four of her band members whose contracts weren’t renewed.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.