(BBC) – Nigeria’s military says it has freed another sizeable group of people during its offensive against Boko Haram militants in the vast Sambisa forest.
One woman died and eight others were wounded as nine camps belonging to the Islamist insurgents were destroyed, army spokesman Col Sanu Usman said.
He told the BBC more than 100 men and boys were among more than 160 rescued in operations on Wednesday.
Earlier this week, the army said it had freed nearly 300 women and children.
The girls abducted from a school in Chibok in April 2014 were not among them.